Sunday, February 1, 2015

Lipstick Swatches: Bright Fuchsias

I have a thing for bright lipstick, so much that I tend to buy the same colors over and over again. Here's a showcase of my fuchsia lipstick collection. Behold! The Color!


L to R: Revlon Flirtatious, YSL Fuchsia in Excess, Dior Rose Harpers, YSL Babydoll, UD Catfight




 Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Flirtatious
This balm is in a crayon form. Unlike the original colorburst balm, this is not a stain. The lacquer balm has microglitter in it that is apparent on the lips. It has a minty scent.




Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine in Fuchsia in Excess
 This is probably my favorite of my fuchsia lipsticks. It has a thin, glossy texture that looks shiny, but not overdone. It has a fruity scent.


Dior Rouge Dior Couture Colour Voluptuous Care Lipstick in Rose Harpers
 First I need to address the scent. It is awful! I can only describe it as smelling like old lady perfume, which I'm sure will offend old ladies. I think it's floral, but I can't tell for sure because my olfactory senses shut down after the first whiff. The smell does not dissipate, and you will be smelling your lips all day. Otherwise, the color is similar to the YSL stain, but more matte.



Yves Saint Laurent Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain in Babydoll (LE)
Yeah, I know the name is silly and not very French or classy. This color was limited edition and seems to no longer be available. The color is probably the brightest and boldest of all five, which can be attributed to its glossiness, but can be blotted down. It has a strong smell of roses and alcohol. This is a true stain and can be a pain to remove.



Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Catfight
This lipstick as the trickiest formula to apply. The texture is thick and applies patchy straight from the bullet. I have the best luck if I use a lip brush. There appears to be a fine shimmer in it, but it is not as apparent as the Revlon lipbalm. The scent is quite faint, for which I am grateful.


So, as you can see, I  have a lot of similar colors. The differences between them are a lot more noticeable in person, so I'm a little frustrated that they look the same in pictures. Both the YSL ones are probably the most unique of the colors I own. From working on this segment though, I have officially banned myself from buying any more fuchsia lipstick until I use up a few!



No comments:

Post a Comment